Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us. In the past 12 months we may have collected various categories of personal information about you, including:
- Device Information: When you visit our Site, interact with our digital advertisements or QR codes, or open our emails, we may learn information about your browser or device (e.g., name or type, version, settings, etc.), IP address, unique online identifiers (e.g., MAC address, mobile device identifiers, etc.), internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, referring and exit pages, and the date and time of your visit.
- Website Usage Data: We may collect internet or other electronic network activity information about your interactions with our Site, digital advertisements, and emails, including the pages you visit, links or buttons you click, the search terms you enter, and other similar interactions with our Site, emails, or digital advertisements.
- Location Data: When you visit our Site, interact with our digital advertisements or QR codes, or open our emails, we may use various technologies to learn your non-precise geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device’s settings for location services and how you interact with us.
- Contact Information: We may collect your contact information, including identifiers such as your first and last name, postal address, telephone number, or email address.
- Payment Card Information and Payment Details: We may collect your financial account information or payment details if you make a purchase from FatFace or add such information to your FatFace account, if any.
- Shopping History & Transactional Data: We keep track of your shopping history with us, including the items you purchase, return or exchange, save to your FatFace account’s online “wishlist”, or add to your online shopping cart.
- Call records, email records, text records, video, and chat logs: If you call, email, text, or chat with our Customer Experience Team, or interact with our retail store sales associates, we may keep records of those conversations including any information you have provided to us in connection with such conversation.
- Video Recordings: We use video cameras (i.e., CCTV) in and around our stores for purposes of fraud detection, theft prevention, and security.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to us, including photos, videos, or product reviews.
- Demographic Information: We may collect demographic details about our customers such as birthdate or age, gender, employment and education information, social media information and profile data, and other similar demographic details.
- Job Application Data: If you apply for a job with us, we may, in addition to the Contact Information you provide us, also collect such information as your educational background, professional information and employment history, résumé, and other information relating to your job search or application relevant for the recruitment process.
- FatFace Account Credentials: If you register an account with FatFace, we collect your account credentials, which may include your account log-in and password.
- Preferences: We may collect information about your preferences, such as your email preferences and products you may be interested in.
- Inferences: We may draw inferences about any of the information above that may relate to your preferences, characteristics, or other matters.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources of information may include the following:
- Directly from You: We collect information directly from you, including when you visit our retail stores and interact with our sales associates; make a purchase; contact us with questions or comments; upload Submitted Content to our Site (or submit it via postal mail or email); enter our contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions; add items to your online shopping cart or save items you’re interested in to your wishlist; create a FatFace account; respond to a survey; select or update your text message or email preferences; apply for a job; or fill out and submit any web forms via our Site or hard-copy forms via post or in-person at our retail locations.
- Automatically from Your Device or Browser: Certain information (e.g., Device Information) is automatically collected from your device or browser when you visit our Site, open our emails, or interact with our digital advertisements or QR codes.
- From Third Parties: Third parties, such as analytics companies, advertising and marketing companies, shipping companies, email service providers, customer database service providers, companies that assist with the operation and functionality of our Site and our business more generally, etc., may share information they have collected with us.
- Publicly Available Sources: We may collect information from publicly available sources.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Fulfillment: Fulfilling your online orders and other requests, including, but not limited to, processing payments, confirming or updating you on the status of your order, delivering packages, and responding to your customer service inquiries.
- Advertising and Marketing: Advertising and marketing our products and Services online, via email and direct mail, and/or using other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Understanding Our Customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your visits to our retail locations, interactions with our Site, emails, digital advertisements, QR codes or other forms of communication). We keep track of the pages you visit and the manner in which you use the Site, and the products you purchase, return or exchange in our retail stores, in order to determine what products are most popular and whether to make changes to our Services, the Site, or our retail stores. We may, from time to time, review your information and information of other customers to help us analyze trends, purchasing patterns and preferences, and demographics.
- Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize your shopping experience. We use your product interests, shopping patterns, and purchase information to recommend products, Services or promotions that we believe you may be interested in and to personalize your experiences on our Site, and in our emails, direct mailings, and digital advertisements.
- Communications: Communicating with you, including responding to your requests and asking for feedback through surveys, product reviews, or other messages.
- Promotions: Running contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions.
- Hiring: If you apply for a job with FatFace, we will use your Job Application Data for recruiting and employment purposes. If you are hired by FatFace, the information you provide during the recruiting process will become part of our employee records. If you are not hired by FatFace, we may retain your information to allow us to contact you if another suitable employment opportunity becomes available.
- FatFace Accounts: Operating FatFace accounts, including making certain Services available, offering rewards and/or special promotions to FatFace account users.
- Customer Experience: Serving content on our Site and developing our Products, Services, and Site.
- Security: Protecting FatFace and our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity. We and our third-party partners and service providers may disclose specific individual information if we or they reasonably believe it is necessary to: (i) investigate any suspected misuse of the Site or suspicious activities at our retail stores; (ii) protect or defend the rights, property and interests of FatFace, our employees, our customers, or the interests of our third-party partners or service providers; or (iii) protect the personal safety of our employees, visitors to our stores, users of the Site, or the public.
- Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
How We Share Personal Information with Third Parties
We may share information with third parties for certain purposes. For example, we may share information with:
- Service Providers: We partner with third-party service providers to assist with many aspects of our business, including fulfilling orders, marketing and advertising our products and Services, analyzing your interests and activity on our Site and in our retail stores, operating our business (both online and at our retail stores) and providing certain functionalities on our Site, and helping us communicate with customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in section 3 “How We Use Your Personal Information”, and we may share with them any types of information described in section 1 “Personal Information We Collect”.
- Marketing Agencies and Data Analytics Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business and to perform business analytics. We may share with them the types of information described in section 1 “Personal Information We Collect”, which they may use for their own marketing and other commercial purposes.
- FatFace Affiliates or Successors: We may disclose certain personal information to our FatFace Affiliates for our Affiliates’ use, for example, Submitted Content for use on websites, apps, and social media pages owned and operated by FatFace Affiliates. Your information may be transferred to another entity that succeeds to all or part of FatFace’s business in connection with a sale, reorganization, consolidation, or merger.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you to other third parties at your direction or with your consent. We will also disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect FatFace, our online or retail store customers, our employees, or the public more generally.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
Certain states’ data protection laws provide their residents with rights regarding businesses’ use of their personal information, including the rights to know, access, correct, transfer, restrict the processing of (specifically, restrictions that pertain to the sale or sharing of personal information), and delete personal information. Regardless of your state of residence, you can currently contact FatFace at any time using the instructions set out below to request that we:
- confirm whether we process your personal information;
- disclose the categories of personal information that we have collected about you;
- disclose the categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information;
- disclose our purpose(s) for collecting, disclosing, or selling your personal information;
- disclose the categories of personal information about you that we have sold, and the categories of recipients of such personal information;
- disclose the categories of personal information about you that we have disclosed to third parties for business purposes and the categories of recipients of such personal information;
- delete all or some of your personal information;
- change, update, or correct your personal information;
- disclose the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you and provide you with a copy of such personal information in a commonly used electronic format (or ask that it be provided in that format to a third party); and
- stop selling your personal information and stop sharing or processing your personal information for purposes of targeted advertising (also known as “cross-context behavioral advertising”).
We will consider and respond to your requests promptly, and otherwise in accordance with all applicable laws. Furthermore, if you choose to exercise your privacy rights or make the above requests, FatFace will not treat you in a discriminatory way, nor will you receive a lesser degree of service from FatFace.
If you are a California resident, you can learn more about your privacy rights below in section 11 “Privacy Rights of California Residents”.
Instructions for submitting requests:
You can make any of the above requests by calling our toll-free number: 1-800-585-0178 or by emailing us at email@example.com using the subject line “Personal Information Request”. To ensure we can verify your identity and help us respond to your request please include in your email your full name, email and home addresses, and clearly stating the request(s) you’d like to make.
In order to help ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it, and to help ensure your personal information is not mistakenly deleted or changed, FatFace will attempt to verify that you are the subject of the personal information you are requesting to access, delete, or correct. We will compare the information you provide to any information we may have in our possession in order to verify your identity. We may also contact you at the email address you’ve provided to request additional information in relation to your request. FatFace will use the information collected through the request process only for verification purposes and responding to your request.
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will contact you at the email address you provide.
You may also choose to authorize an agent to make the above requests or exercise your rights. If you use an agent, we will take measures to verify your agent’s authorization to act on your behalf and we may require more information to ensure proper verification of both you and your agent’s identity and authorization.
Please note that FatFace may not be able to respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity, or your agent’s identity and authority to make the request, and confirm the personal information relates to you.
You may appeal our decision to decline your request by emailing us at email@example.com using subject line “Personal Information Request Appeal” and clearly stating the decision(s) you wish to appeal. We will respond to your appeal within 45 days of our receipt of your email, which response will include an explanation of our decision. If you are dissatisfied with our decision on appeal, and you live in any of the following jurisdictions, you may contact the regulatory authority listed for that jurisdiction.
- Contact the Virginia Attorney General
- Contact the Connecticut Attorney General
- Contact the Colorado Attorney General
How to opt in again:
If you have opted out of the sale of your personal information, or the sharing or processing of your personal information for purposes of targeted advertising, you are welcome to opt back in at any time. To opt in, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly request to opt into the sale of your Personal Information, or the sharing or processing of your personal information for purposes of targeted advertising.
In addition to making the above requests, you can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Data: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device, web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent FatFace from accessing your location information via your device or browser. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services, and you may experience difficulties shopping online at the Site.
- Emails: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of such email.
- Direct Marketing: You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing mailing list by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Online Accounts: You can keep your contact information and payment methods accurate and up to date by logging into your FatFace account on our Site. If you wish to cancel your account, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also opt out of certain third-party cookies by following your browser’s instructions or by using the opt-out tools provided by the following industry groups:
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI): http://optout.networkadvertising.org
If you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site.
We do not knowingly or purposefully request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 13 years old. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to FatFace in connection with our Site, please contact us at email@example.com.
Although we use measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases. Your transmissions are, therefore, at your own risk. You can help protect your information by selecting strong, unique passwords for your FatFace account and any associated email addresses.
Links to Other Websites; Social Media Platforms
This Site may, from time to time, contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties (“Third-Party Sites”). We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such Third-Party Sites so that you understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on Third-Party Sites.
Privacy Rights of California Residents
This section contains disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act, California Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act, and as may be further amended from time to time, and together with any implementing regulations “CCPA”).
- Categories of Personal Information Collected: In the previous 12 months, FatFace may have collected the categories of personal information about California consumers set out in Section 1 (“Personal Information We Collect”).
- Categories of Sources: In the previous 12 months, FatFace may have collected the above-mentioned personal information from the sources described in Section 2 (“How We Collect Your Personal Information”).
- Disclosing Personal Information for Business Purposes: In the previous 12 months, we may have disclosed the above-mentioned personal information to the third parties set out in Section 4 (“How We Share Personal Information with Third Parties”) for the purposes set out in the Section 3 (“How We Use Your Personal Information “) and Section 4 (“How We Share Personal Information with Third Parties”).
- Sensitive Personal Information: FatFace does not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes other than those specified in Cal. Code Regs. tit. 11, § 7027(m).
Sale and Sharing of Personal Information:
We may share your personal information with third parties, including for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising and data analytics, which may constitute “selling” or “sharing” under the CCPA.
Such sale or sharing does not include information about individuals we know are under age 16.
In the previous 12 months, FatFace may have sold or shared the categories of personal information listed below with the categories of third parties listed below.
For more instructions to opt out of this sale or sharing, please see Section 5 (“Your Privacy Choices”) above or click on the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link located in the footer of the Site.
Categories of Personal Information:
- Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, postal address, IP address, or unique online identifiers)
- Internet, device, or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website or advertisement)
- Commercial information, including products or services purchased
- Non-precise geolocation data
- Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences
Shared with the following categories of third parties:
- Advertising/marketing companies
- Advertising networks
- Marketing data companies
- Data analytics providers
- Social networks
- Notice of Financial Incentives: We may offer discounts, coupons, and similar benefits (each, a “financial incentive”) to customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails or create a FatFace account. When you participate in a financial incentive, we may collect Personal Information from you, such as your Contact Information, Demographic Information, and Shopping History & Transactional Data. You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided, and you have the ability to opt out of the financial incentive, or our subsequent use of your Personal Information in connection with a financial incentive, at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will present to you when you sign up. The value of the offer or discount presented to you is reasonably related to the value of your Personal Information.
Additional California Privacy Rights: California residents may also ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. California residents may make one request per calendar year.
To make this request, you may contact us at email@example.com. In your request, please include a subject line that states “CA Shine the Light Request”, state that you are a California resident, and provide a current California address for our response.
We welcome your comments and questions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FatFace Corporation Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved.
Last updated: January 03, 2023