Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with our Site. In the past 12 months we may have collected various categories of personal information about you, including:
- Device Information: When you visit our Site or open our emails, we may learn information about your browser (e.g., name, version, settings, etc.), device type and settings, IP address, MAC address, mobile device identifiers, internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, referring and exit pages, and the date and time of your visit.
- Website Usage Data: We may collect information about your interactions with our Site, including the pages you visit, links or buttons you click, the search terms you enter, and other similar interactions with the Site.
- Location Data: We may use various technologies to learn your geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device’s settings for location services and how you interact with us.
- Contact Information: We may collect your contact information, including first and last name, address, telephone number, email address, billing address, or shipping address.
- Payment Card Information and Payment Details: We may collect your payment card information or payment details if you make an order or add your payment details to your account with us, if any.
- Shopping History & Transactional Data: We keep track of your shopping history with us, including the items you purchase at the Site, return or exchange, or “save” or add to your shopping cart.
- Call records, email records, text records, video, and chat logs: If you call, email, text, or chat with our customer service agents, we may keep records of those conversations including all such information you have provided to us in connection with such conversation.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to our Site, including photos, videos, or product reviews.
- Demographic Information: We may collect demographic details about our customers such as birthdate or age, gender, employment and education information, social media information and profile data, and other similar demographic details.
- Job Application Data: If you apply for a job with us, we may, in addition to the Contact Information you provide us, also collect such information as your educational background, employment history, résumé, and other information relating to your job search or application relevant for the recruitment process.
- FatFace Account Credentials: If you register an account with FatFace, we may collect your account credentials, which may include a user name and password.
- Preferences: We may collect information about your preferences, such as your email preferences and products you may be interested in
- Inferences: We may draw inferences about any of the information above that may relate to your preferences, or other matters.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- Directly from You: We collect information directly from you, including whenever you: make a purchase; contact us with questions or comments; upload Submitted Content to our Site; enter our contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions; add items to your shopping cart or save items you’re interested in; create a FatFace account; respond to a survey; opt in to text messages or update your email preferences; apply for a job; or fill out any forms on our Site.
- Automatically from Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Site or open our emails.
- From Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, like analytics companies, advertising and marketing companies, shipping companies, email service providers, customer database service providers, companies that assist with the operation and functionality of our Site, etc. These third parties share information they have collected with us. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Publicly Available Sources: We may collect information from publicly available sources.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Fulfillment: Fulfilling your orders and other requests, including, but not limited to, processing payments, confirming or updating you on the status of your order, delivering packages, and responding to your customer service inquiries.
- Advertising and marketing: Advertising and marketing our products and services online, via email and direct mail, and/or using other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Understanding Our Customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Site and emails or other forms of communication, analyzing trends and statistics). We keep track of the pages you visit and the manner in which you use the Site to determine what products are most popular and whether to make changes to the Site. We may, from time to time, review your information and information of other customers to help us analyze trends, purchasing patterns and preferences, and demographics.
- Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize your shopping experience by using your product interests, shopping patterns, and purchase information to recommend other products, services or promotions that we believe you may be interested in as well as personalizing advertising and experiences on our Site and in emails and ads.
- Communications: Communicating with you, including responding to your requests and asking for feedback through surveys, product reviews or other messages.
- Promotions: Running contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions.
- Hiring: Recruiting and hiring FatFace employees. If you apply for a job with FatFace, we will be using your Job Application Data for recruiting and employment purposes. If you are hired by FatFace, the information you provide during the recruiting process will become part of our employee records. If you are not hired by FatFace, we may retain your information to allow us to contact you if another suitable employment opportunity becomes available.
- FatFace Accounts: Operating the FatFace accounts, including making certain services available, offering rewards and/or special promotions to FatFace account users.
- Customer Experience: Serving content on our Site and developing our products, services and Site.
- Security: Protecting FatFace and our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity. We and our third party partners and service providers may disclose specific individual information if we or they reasonably believe it is necessary to: (i) investigate any suspected misuse of the Site; (ii) protect or defend the rights, property and interests of FatFace, our customers, or the interests of our third party partners or service providers; or (iii) under exigent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public.
- Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
How We Share Personal Information with Third Parties
We may share information with third parties for certain purposes. For example, we may share information with:
- Service Providers: We partner with third party service providers to assist with many aspects of our business, including fulfilling orders, marketing and advertising our products, analyzing your interests and activity on our Site, operating and providing certain functionalities for our Site, and helping us communicate with customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in section 3 “How We Use Your Personal Information”, and we may share with them any types of information described in section 1 “Personal Information We Collect.” We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Marketing Agencies and Data Analytics Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business and performing business analytics. We may share with them the types of information described in section 1 “Personal Information We Collect”, which they may use for their own marketing and other commercial purposes.
- FatFace Affiliates or Successors: We may disclose certain personal information to our FatFace Affiliates for our Affiliates’ use, for example, Submitted Content for use on websites, apps, and social media pages owned and operated by other FatFace Affiliates. Your information may be transferred to another entity that succeeds to all or part of FatFace’s business in connection with a sale, reorganization, consolidation, or merger.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect our Site users, our Site, or the public.
Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Data: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Site from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services, and you may experience difficulties shopping online at the Site.
- Emails: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of such email.
- Online Accounts: You can keep your contact information and payment methods accurate and up to date by logging into your FatFace account on our Site. If you wish to cancel your account, email us at email@example.com.
You may also opt out of certain third-party cookies by following your browser’s instructions or by using the opt-out tools provided by the following industry groups:
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI): http://optout.networkadvertising.org
If you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site.
- User Requests: You can contact us at any time using our toll free number: (1) 800 585 0178 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request we do any of the following: (i) erase or delete all or some of your personal information; (ii) change, update, or correct your personal information; (iii) restrict how we use all or some of your personal information; (iv) access your personal information and, where applicable and feasible, request to receive that personal information in a commonly used electronic format (or ask for this information to be provided in that format to a third party); or (v) disclose what personal information we collect, use, or disclose. You may also request that we stop sharing your personal information with third parties for certain purposes by contacting us at the above phone number or email address. We will consider and respond to any such requests promptly, and otherwise in accordance with applicable laws.
If you are a California resident, you can learn more about your privacy rights below in section 11 “Privacy Rights of California Residents”.
We do not knowingly or purposefully request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 13 years old. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to FatFace in connection with our Site, please contact us at email@example.com.
Although we use measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases. Your transmissions are, therefore, at your own risk. You can help protect your information by selecting strong, unique passwords for your FatFace account and any associated email addresses.
Supported Web Browsers and Do Not Track Signals
We recommend that you use the latest web browser versions to optimize your experience. Older web browser versions may not be able to access or utilize all pages on our website as intended. We may not be able to receive or honor web browser “Do Not Track” signals and our Site may continue to collect information in the manner described within this privacy notice.
Links to Other Websites; Social Media Platforms
This Site may, from time to time, contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”). We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such Third Party Sites so that you understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on Third Party Sites.
Privacy Rights of California Residents
As a resident of California, you have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (with any implementing regulations and as may be amended from time to time, “CCPA”) relevant to your Personal Information (as defined under the CCPA), as well as other laws. The rights described herein are subject to exemptions under the CCPA and other limitations under applicable law.
California Consumer Rights Under the CCPA: If your Personal Information is subject to the CCPA, you may have certain privacy rights with regard to that information. You may have the right to:
Request that we provide you access to the following no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing your Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information; and
- the categories of Personal Information that are sold (as defined under the CCPA) and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold.
- Request that we delete your Personal Information, subject to exceptions under the CCPA or other applicable law; and
- Request that we not “sell” your Personal Information by opting out of the sale of your Personal Information.
California residents also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, as described in this section. We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your rights under the CCPA.
How to Submit a Request Access to or Deletion of Your Personal Information: If you wish to exercise your right to request access to your Personal Information or deletion of your Personal Information please submit your request through our toll free number: (1) 800 585 0178 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure we can verify your identity and help us respond to your request please provide us with your full name, email, and home address, and clearly indicate which of the rights you wish to exercise.
We are required to provide you with access to your Personal Information or delete your Personal Information only in response to verifiable consumer requests. We will compare the information you have provided as part of submitting the request to any information we may have in our possession in order to verify your request. We may also contact you to request additional information in relation to your request. The information you provide must match the information we have in our possession. This measure is in place to help ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. The information collected through this process will be used only for verification purposes and responding to your request.
How to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information: If you wish to exercise your right to request that we opt you out of the sale of your Personal Information, please submit your request by sending us an email at email@example.com. Please help us by providing us with your full name, email, and home address, and clearly indicate that you wish to exercise your right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. The information collected through this process will be used only for responding to your request. You may also exercise your right to opt out of the sale of your Personal information by calling our toll-free number: (1) 800 585 0178.
How to opt in again: If you have opted out of the sale of your Personal Information, you are welcome to opt back in at any time. To opt in, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly request to opt in to the sale of your Personal Information.
Requests made through Agents: Please note that you may authorize an agent to exercise any of these rights. If you use an agent, we will take measures to verify your agent’s authorization to act on your behalf and we may require more information to ensure proper verification of you and your agent’s identity and authorization.
Categories of Personal Information Sold: In the previous 12 months, FatFace may have sold (as defined under the CCPA) the following categories of Personal Information: Device Information, Website Usage Data, Location Data, Contact Information, Demographic Information, and Shopping History & Transactional Data. The Personal Information has been sold to the following categories of third parties: Advertising and Marketing Partners, and Data Analytics Providers.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose: We share Personal Information about you with service providers and third parties for business purposes, such as operational purposes and other purposes related to providing you with the products and services you seek from us. For more information about the business purposes for which we disclose Personal Information, see section 4 “How We Share Personal Information with Third Parties” and see section 1 “Personal Information We Collect” for what types of information may be shared.
Notice of Financial Incentives: We may offer discounts, coupons, and similar benefits (each, a “financial incentive”) to customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails or create a FatFace account. When you participate in a financial incentive, we may collect Personal Information from you, such as your Contact Information, Demographic Information, and Shopping History & Transactional Data. You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided, and you have the ability to opt out of the financial incentive, or our subsequent use of your Personal Information in connection with a financial incentive, at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will present to you when you sign up. The value of the offer or discount presented to you is reasonably related to the value of your Personal Information.
Additional California Privacy Rights: California residents may also ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. California residents may make one request per calendar year.
To make this request, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please include a subject line that states “CA Shine the Light Request”, state that you are a California resident, and provide a current California address for our response.
- Request that we provide you access to the following no more than twice in a 12-month period:
We welcome your comments and questions. Please contact us at:
Phone: 023 9244 1100
FatFace Corporation Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.
Last updated: July 21, 2021