Declutter your wardrobe and clear your mind
Get ready for a self-motivation pep talk, as this may make you want to stop what you’re doing to organize your wardrobe (and home) immediately... So, prepare to restore some order and help clear some clutter from your mind too.
It's that time of year when many of us might be thinking about a big spring clean, and getting more organized as life begins to get back to normal. So, we thought it was the perfect time to talk to Dilly Carter, Professional Organizer and author of Create Space: Declutter Your Home To Clear Your Mind.
Watch the IGTV now to hear lots of amazing tips, including what to keep, recycle or donate (and where you can give donations); storing your most loved pieces; and detaching yourself from those hard-to-part-with items.
Simple decluttering tips
- Slimline velvet hangers are the most important things in your wardrobe. They’re a great space-saver, making your wardrobe smarter and more organized. Definitely a game changer.
- Don’t be afraid to roll your jeans and pants and pack into drawers instead of hanging them up.
- The clothes you wear more regularly need to be accessible and easy to get to, so place these in more prominent positions.
- Ask yourself, is your wardrobe filled with clothes you don’t wear anymore? Are you likely to wear them anytime soon?
- Think about which pieces you’ll be wearing for the next few months, and those you won’t wear until next season – if you’re not wearing items, pack them away and rotate your wardrobe as much as possible.
- Spend a day - or two - trying on all your clothes. Did you fall in love with forgotten pieces? Or realize that a once-favorite dress no longer fits?